For job applicants for positions with MUFG Bank, Ltd., Canada Branch, please visit the Canada Branch Privacy Notice.
Last Updated: December 1, 2022
MUFG also provides certain individuals with supplemental privacy notices, as described below:
- Notices for California Residents: If you are a California resident and apply for a job with us, please see our California Careers Privacy Statement.
Information We Obtain
We obtain personal information about you in various ways, such as when you visit our Digital Properties. We also may obtain personal information about you offline, such as when you call, mail or fax us, or interact with us at one of our office locations.
The types of personal information we obtain may include:
- Contact information, including name, home address, home telephone, mobile telephone and email address;
- Login credentials, such as user name and password and security questions and answers;
- Government identification number, such as Social Security number, driver’s license number, and taxpayer identification number;
- Education or professional history and other information you provide to us such as in a resume, cover letter or interview;
- Citizenship and eligibility or right to work;
- Interest in employment opportunities;
- Job specific questions that relate to your fitness for a particular position;
- Geolocation information;
- Information regarding potential conflict of interest issues; and
- Demographic information, such as age, nationality, date of birth, race, ethnicity, sex, gender and military or veteran status. This information is purely voluntary and your decision to provide or withhold any of that information will not negatively impact whether or how MUFG will consider you for employment.
When you visit our Sites and Portals, we may obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons, web server logs and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. The information we collect in this manner may include your device IP address, unique device identifier, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, clickstream data, and dates and times of website visits.
We may use these automated technologies on our Digital Properties to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and usage patterns. These technologies help us (1) remember your information so you do not have to re-enter it; (2) track and understand how you use and interact with our Digital Properties; (3) tailor the Digital Properties around your preferences; (4) measure the usability of our Digital Properties and the effectiveness of our communications; and (5) otherwise manage and enhance our products and services, and help ensure they are working properly.
Your browser may tell you how to be notified about certain types of automated collection technologies and how to restrict or disable them. Please note, however, that without these technologies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our Digital Properties.
How We Use the Information We Obtain
We may use the personal information we obtain to:
- Enable you to express interest in and/or allow you to apply for employment within MUFG;
- Consider your candidacy and suitability for employment within MUFG;
- Comply with any applicable legal and regulatory requirements involving job applicants, which may include providing reports to government agencies;
- Conduct a background investigation, which may include, but not limited to, criminal record check, criminal history and/or FBI background search, Social Security number and name verification, and other searches applicable to the position for which you applied, in accordance with applicable laws;
- Verify your identity to ensure security for one of the other purposes listed in this Policy;
- Populate your employee records in the event that you are hired by MUFG;
- Communicate with you (including providing you with information on employment opportunities and about MUFG) and respond to inquiries;
- Manage our human resources operations, including performing analytics;
- Ensure or enhance the security and functionality of MUFG’s electronic systems;
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities;
- Maintain and enhance the safety and security of our Digital Properties and services and prevent misuse;
- Exercise our rights and remedies and defend against legal claims, including claims against our affiliates, subsidiaries, and business partners;
- Conduct internal investigations and/or comply with legal obligations; and
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and MUFG policies.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice or obtain consent at the time of collection.
Third-Party Analytics Services
We may use third-party analytics services on our Digital Properties, such as Google Analytics to help us understand which parts of the Digital Properties are visited most and to monitor and improve the effectiveness of our Digital Properties. The information we obtain through the Digital Properties may be disclosed to or collected directly by these services. To learn more about Google Analytics or adjust your preferences, please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
The Digital Properties are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals from browsers.
To learn how to opt out of interest-based advertising, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance, the Network Advertising Initiative and TRUSTe Advertising Choices.
Information We Share
We may share the information we obtain about you with our affiliates, subsidiaries, or business partners for the purposes described above. We also may share the information we obtain about you with third- party vendors and other entities to perform services on our behalf, such as website hosting, background screenings, and sending communications. Most of the information will be stored and processed by us, our affiliates and subsidiaries, and third-party vendors on servers located in the United States
We also may disclose personal information (1) if we are required or permitted to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, or self-regulatory organizations (including in response to lawful access requests by U.S. or foreign courts, law enforcement or other government authorities); (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, and those of our affiliates, subsidiaries or business partners; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity or (6) otherwise with your consent or as directed by your representative.
We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a prospective or completed merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation).
Your Rights and Choices
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, dispose or use.
When deleting personal information, MUFG takes reasonable precautions to dispose of the personal information through a secure method.
Social Security Numbers
It is MUFG’s policy to protect the confidentiality of Social Security Numbers that we collect in the course of our business. This includes maintaining administrative, technical and physical safeguards against unauthorized access to Social Security Numbers. It is MUFG’s policy to prohibit the unlawful disclosure of Social Security Numbers.
Links to Third-Party Services and Features
For your convenience and information, our Digital Properties may provide links to other online services, and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins. These online services and third-party features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, are subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked online services or third- party features are not owned or controlled by MUFG, we are not responsible for these third parties’ information practices.
How to Contact Us
1980 Saturn Street
Mail Code V03-955
Monterey Park, CA 91755-7417
For general inquiries about our privacy practices, you may also contact us at USPrivacy@us.mufg.jp.