California Careers Privacy Statement
Last Updated: October 18, 2023
Personal information we collect:
MUFG may collect (and may have collected during the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Statement) the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers: identifiers, such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier (e.g., a device identifier, employee number, unique pseudonym, or user alias/ID), telephone number, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, date of birth, and other similar identifiers
- Additional Data Subject to California Civil Code § 1798.80: signature, physical characteristics or description, state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, bank account number, credit card number and debit card number, and other financial information, medical information, and health insurance information
- Protected Classifications: characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, genetic information, disability, citizenship status, and military and veteran status
- Online Activity: Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites or applications
- Sensory Information: audio, electronic, visual, and similar information
- Employment Information: professional or employment-related information, such as compensation, benefits and payroll information (e.g., salary-related information, tax-related information, benefits elections and details regarding leaves of absence), information relating to your position (e.g., job title and job description), performance-related information (e.g., evaluations and training), talent management information (e.g., resumé information, occupation details, education details, certifications and professional associations, historical compensation details, previous employment details, and pre-employment screening and background check information, including criminal records information), and emergency contact information
- Education Information: education information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Sec. 1232g; 34 C.F.R. Part 99)
- Inferences: inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes
How We Use the Personal Information
- Performing services
- Auditing related to counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance
- Certain short-term, transient uses
- Helping to ensure security and integrity to the extent the use of your personal information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for these purposes
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us
MUFG does not collect or process sensitive personal information about you with the purpose of inferring characteristics about you.
To the extent we process deidentified information, we will maintain and use the information in deidentified form and will not attempt to reidentify the information unless permitted by applicable law.
Retention of Personal Information
Sources of Personal Information
During the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Statement, MUFG may have obtained personal information about you from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you;
- From your devices, such as when you visit our websites, online and mobile applications;
- Your employment references;
- Our affiliates and subsidiaries (if you have applied to job postings with our affiliates and subsidiaries);
- Vendors who provide services on our behalf;
- Government entities;
- Recruiting and talent agencies;
- Social networks; and
- Data Brokers, such as background check services
Disclosure of Personal Information
During the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Statement, MUFG may have disclosed the following categories of personal information about you for the business purposes listed above to the following categories of third parties:
|Category of Personal Information||Categories of Third Parties|
|Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code §1798.80||
In addition to the categories of third parties identified above, during the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Statement, we may have disclosed personal information about you to the following additional categories of third parties: government entities; self-regulatory organizations and third parties in connection with corporate transactions, such as mergers, acquisitions or divestitures, that may assume or have assumed control of all or part of our business.
MUFG does not sell or share for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes personal information about you.
Your California Privacy Rights
You have certain rights regarding your personal information, as described below.
Shine the Light Request: in addition to the privacy rights described below under the CCPA/CPRA, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 requires any operator of a website to permit California-residents to request and obtain from the operator a list of what personal information the operator disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes, for the preceding calendar year; and the addresses and names of such third parties. MUFG does share personal information collected from this site with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Should you wish, we will provide you with (1) a list of the categories of personal information disclosed by us to third parties for marketing purposes, and (2) the name and addresses of such third parties that received your personal information for marketing purposes, and (3) if necessary sufficient information about such third parties which will give you a reasonable indication of the nature of the third party’s business.
- Request to Know: You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the categories of personal information we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing personal information, the categories of third parties to whom we disclose personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Request to Correct: You have the right to request that we correct the personal information we maintain about you, if that information is inaccurate.
- Request to Delete: You have the right to request that we delete certain personal information we have collected from you.
How to Submit a Request.
To submit an access, correction, or deletion request, click on the "Submit a Request" at the bottom of this page or call toll-free at 1-800-542-6015 (our menu will prompt you through your choices) Monday - Friday 9:00 am (ET) - 5:00 pm (ET).
To submit a request as an authorized agent on behalf of another individual please email USPrivacy@us.mufg.jp and provide the details regarding your request. If you designate an authorized agent to make an access, correction, deletion, or opt-out of sale or sharing request on your behalf we may require you to provide the authorized agent written permission to do so or provide a power of attorney pursuant to Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465.
Verifying Requests. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your request. If you request access to, correction of or deletion of your personal information, we may require you to provide any of the following information: first and last name, email address, phone number, date of birth, street address, city, state, zip code. If you designate an authorized agent to make an access, correction, or deletion request on your behalf (a) we may require you to provide the authorized agent written permission to do so, and (b) for access, correction and deletion requests, we may require you to verify your own identity directly with us (as described above).
Additional Information. If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA/CPRA, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
How To Contact Us