Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do. As the 5th largest bank in the world, our diverse team is connected by a common ambition to create change for the better—from forging more dynamic career paths to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
MUFG is one of the world’s leading financial groups. With over 360 years of growing the financial health of the world’s greatest businesses, Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) has a global network of 150,000 employees, with 1,800 offices and 300 entities in more than 50 countries. Our promise is simple. We serve our communities, foster economic growth and aim to become the preferred trusted financial advisers to our customers. Together, we have the unmatched expertise and global capabilities to meet the diversified needs of all our customers in the Americas and worldwide.
Job Description: Analyst, Relationship Manager
Overall Purpose of Job:
MUFG Bank, Ltd., Canada Branch is looking to recruit at the Analyst level for its Canadian Corporate Banking business based out of Toronto.
1. Business Origination:
• Support Relationship Managers (RM) in maximizing profit from the existing portfolio and by analyzing and pursuing new clients and business opportunities.
• Collaborate and support RMs with strategic client discussions and preparation of pitch books.
• Assist RMs with planning and implementation of calling programs in-line with business development strategy for each sector.
• Assist RMs by routinely reviewing existing accounts to identify new business opportunities.
• Routinely review news clips, quarterly investor calls, and industry trends for sectors covered.
• As deemed necessary, provide assistance to Portfolio Management (PM) team in preparation of credit applications for new clients/facilities.
• Preparation of Business Screening Memos, Deal Screening Committee Memos, and other reports necessary for a recommendation of new transactions.
• Work with appropriate internal teams to ensure new transactions are properly executed and closed following established procedures and protocols.
2. Portfolio Maintenance:
• Maintain Know Your Client (KYC) compliance for existing and new clients.
• Work with RMs to prepare periodic deal pipelines, profit forecasts and ‘work-in-process’ tracking
• Track utilizations of all facilities and frequently review with RM’s for formulating client relationship strategy.
• Troubleshooting of any operational issues brought to RM’s attention.
3. Coordinate within MUFG:
• Coordinate with the product partners of MUFG to cross-sell entire breadth of bank’s products.
• Coordinate with PM team and Credit team with respect to renewals and new transactions.
• Coordinate internal reporting requirements for client base.
• Coordinate within global MUFG network to ensure seamless international banking service and products for Canadian clients.
Notice: The above information on this job description has been described to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents. Other duties and responsibilities not specifically described may be assigned from time to time, consistent with knowledge, skills and abilities of the incumbent.
This is an entry level Analyst position on the Canadian Corporate Banking team for someone with strong interpersonal and credit skills. It is ideally suited for ambitious, enthusiastic financial professionals with 1-2 years’ corporate banking experience who have a global perspective and want to work for a global organization with growing, entrepreneurial Canadian operations.
The candidate must have:
• Excellent client service skills, highly motivated team player and goal oriented.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including professional grammar and demeanor.
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail, planning and follow-up.
• Ability to build and expand quality internal and external client relationships.
• Must enjoy working independently and effectively in a deadline-driven, multi-task environment.
• Strong PC computing skills including experience creating and manipulating Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Commerce, or Economics, 1-2 years’ of total work experience in a similar role.
Note: For this position candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide a copy of their most recent transcripts/mark sheet.
Chartered in 1981 and assuming its current identity as MUFG Canada Branch, our Canadian Branch is the premier Asia-based global bank in its market. We serve local and Japanese clients from the Atlantic to the Pacific with financial expertise across a number of key industries such as oil and gas, pipelines, power generation, automotive, transportation, and telecom.
The receipt of this application by MUFG Bank, Ltd., Canada Branch (“MUFG Canada Branch”), does not imply or guarantee employment. MUFG Canada Branch is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or in any other aspect of employment on the basis of the grounds enumerated in the Canadian human rights act. In addition, MUFG Canada Branch complies with applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. MUFG Canada Branch provides accommodation to individuals in accordance with the requirements outlined in Canadian human rights act and the Canada Labour Code.